In the starter kit you will receive:
- 1 iChroma P4 Analyzer
- 1 Micro Centrifuge
- 1 Pipettor (adjustable 10-100ul)
- 25 Progesterone Tests w/buffers
- 100 Micro Tubes
- 200 Pipettor Tips
- Shipping with USPS 2-3 Day Priority and insurance is included in the the total price.
- Progesterone Analyzers must be returned within 60 days of receipt if found defective, no other guarantees or warranties are implied.
If you do not use proper pipetting technique you will NOT have enough diluent to use in all 25 tests! Also, if you use improper pipetting technique your test results will NOT be accurate! Each bottle of diluent contains approximately 4900ul of fluid, each test requires 150ul of fluid, 150ul X 25 tests equals 3750ul, therefor each bottle of diluent contains enough fluid to perform 30-32 tests so there is ample fluid. If you are coming up short on diluent you are not using your pipette correctly or your pipette needs to be re-calibrated. Please view the video to be sure you are performing all the steps properly.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR iCHROMA TESTS!
- All materials should be room temperature (about 74 degrees) or use an incubator.
- Black vial of buffer will leak after the seal is broken!
- Please store black vial in upright position to prevent leaks, consider placing a small piece of plastic wrap over the open vial before replacing the cap.
- Do not over tighten the black vial cap as it will crack and buffer will evaporate.
- We suggest using semen shipping vials to transfer and store buffer in as the black vial is not dependable.
- Replacement buffer is not available to buy (per manufacturer).
- Each vial of buffer contains enough fluid to perform 30 tests, once your box of 25 tests is used up SAVE the extra buffer in case you need it in the future, buffer is nonspecific and can be used with all lot numbers.
iChroma II Progesterone Operation Instructions
- Draw blood, at least 1-2 ml of blood, 2 ml is best but less can be worked with.
- Remove needle from syringe and deposit blood into a micro tube.
- Allow blood to rest in micro tube for 15 minutes.
- Centrifuge blood for at least 15 minutes, if the serum does not appear to have separated enough, you can continue spinning for additional minutes.
- Reconstitute the buffer well (white pellet) with 150ul of diluent, stir briefly.
- Draw up 30ul of serum into pipette tip (see video for proper pipette technique!)
- Place the serum into the buffer well with reconstituted buffer, close well and shake 10 times.
- Draw up 75ul of buffer/serum mix and place into round hole of the test cassette.
- Allow the test cassette to sit for 15 minutes before running the test in the machine (or use the built in timer) .